Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Goal Setting - Year 7/8's

Goal setting and reflection can often seem like the poor cousins to the fun of drama games and solving challenges.  Yet, I'm pleased to say, the students are developing an understanding of the benefits of it.  The students in the Navigator Centre are exploring the GROWTH model of goal setting so we are implementing that in TOM this year too.

To give you an idea of what the GROWTH model incorporates, here are some of the reflections of the students in each category.  (We are just exploring G, R, O and W).


Goal - What do you need to achieve?

  • Axis - To Contribute to the team and help us move on to the second round.
  • Riley - Self-Confidence - I need to be more confident if I'm speaking no matter how silly the script is.  Communication - I think I need to think about how much everyone else is talking and is it on task.
  • Johanna - I need to be more helpful by sharing more of my ideas.

Reality - What is happening now?

  • Emma - We are working on spontaneous challenges.  I am working on contributing my ideas.  I have been giving attention to the teacher and listening.
  • Riley - Training to solve problems within the group if someone does something not on the script.  Understand others ideas and accept them.
  • Kaija - I am working with my sister to improve my tolerance.

Options - What could you do?

  • Maddi - to work with some of the people in class that are in the TOM group.
  • Axis - I can attempt to work with my group outside of GATE. I can also contribute all mu skills to the group.
  • Emma - I can listen to others and work with what they have asked me to do.

Will - What will you do?

  • Johanna - We will assign jobs that best suit the person's strengths.
  • Kaija - I will learn to sew and work with my sister more.
  • Maddi - Understand the people and the different ways that everyone works. 




No comments:

Post a Comment