Pages

Monday, June 18, 2018

Drama Drama Drama!

The TOM teams were extremely lucky to have Alan Dingley come and share with us on Monday afternoon.  Alan is an engaging facilitator and I was really proud of how the students all listened and followed his directions without question, testing their own boundaries and comfort levels.  Alan taught us about layering up a scene, helped the students develop physicality and think about characterisation.  A new concept for me was that of iconography - those elements of a context which you expect to see and help ground a setting.   There was so much to take away from the session - the teams are now even better prepared as Tournament draws closer.

To give you a little more insight into who Alan is and why I sought him as a facilitator for the kind of skills we need - check out this article.  Theatre Sports Success

Here's what the Year 7/8 Team had to say..

Maddi - I learned how to project my voice and how to stand while you're talking.
Emma - I learned how to express how I'm feeling with my body language and I think that this will help our team really well because it will look better on the stage when we are presenting.
Axis - I learned how to present to people on all sides of the stage.  I feel like that's going to be helpful when we show the judges.
Johanna - I learned how to portray characters through facial and body movements.
Kaija - I learned that you can do anything with just one line.  You can act out many different people and storylines.
Riley - I learned how to just go with anything, no matter how silly it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment