Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Crossing the Finish Line

 What a week!  SO proud of our Tournament of Minds teams!  A huge push from our students to complete their filmed solutions and get their paperwork completed.  The last team had everything uploaded to the portal with 3 hours to spare (nothing like the energy of a looming deadline!)

Even with the stress and pressure of meeting the tournament expectations there was still laughter and jokes and terrific resilience.  I was especially grateful to see some of our Year 7 and 8 team members offering to help the younger team understand some of the paperwork intricacies that I (as facilitator) was not allowed to speak to.  

All the students who have been involved with TOM will receive written feedback from me along with peer observations.  These will be presented along with their certificates once the judging has been completed and the results are in.

Its not over for me however - wish me luck as I join two others to judge and feedback to the 46 teams competing from the Wellington region - its going to be a huge weekend but I am looking forward to seeing the solutions the students have created this year.

Here's are some photos of the past few days.




               












No comments:

Post a Comment